Wednesday, August 08, 2018

Part Time Announce New LP 'Spell #6', Stream "I Can Treat You Better" (Feat. Ariel Pink)

L.A pop rock/new wave band Part Time have announced they will release their new album titled 'Spell #6' on 2nd November via Tough Love (Europe) and Burger (R.O.W.).

Whereas previous albums were notable for a charming lo-fi production, Spell #6 takes Part Time uptown. "I describe this album as 'my studio album', because it was entirely re-recorded at my drummer Walter Byer's studio, unlike most of my past releases being bedroom experimental pop recordings."

Loca produced the record himself, impressively appropriating a classic 80s pop sound that recalls some of the more grand productions of that era - think Stephen Street’s expressive production on ‘Last Night I Dreamt Somebody Loved Me’, Crowded House and The Church’s widescreen interpolation of Paisley Underground jangle, and there's even traces Gerard McMann’s grandiose ‘Cry Little Sister’. In that sense, the record stands as an outlier in Loca’s catalogue, and in doing so sheds the sometimes limiting trappings of bedroom recording

Though it is Loca’s project, Spell #6 sees him joined by a consistent supporting cast of fellow writers and performers who add a poise and deftness to his vision, most notably Ariel Pink, who makes a guest appearance on the lovely lead single, ‘I Can Treat You Better’.

Pre-order the album here, check out the tracklist and listen to "I Can Treat You Better" (feat. Ariel Pink) below.

Tracklisting:
01. Before You Fall Apart
02. Hide
03. I Can Treat You Better (feat. Ariel Pink)
04. Shattered Love
05. So Far Away
06. Spell #6
07. The Boys That Make Her Cry
08. I Didn’t Know
09. It’s Alright With Me
010. Silent Franchine (MRF)
11. Higher Fantasy (bonus track)
12. The Ballad of Jean (bonus track)



(facebook.com/parttime623)

Tags: Part Time