Monday, January 08, 2018

Listen: David Bowie Unreleased "Let's Dance" Demo

An early demo of David Bowie's "Let's Dance" has been released to celebrate what would have been the rock icon's 71st birthday today (January 8).

The track, which featured on the 1983 album of the same name, was recorded a year previously after Chic founder Nile Rodgers  in Geneva, Switzerland, late 1982, and has now been released for the first time in 35 years.

Speaking about the recording session recently, Nile Rodgers said: "I’ve been blessed with a wonderful career but my creative partnership with David Bowie ranks very very very high on the list of my most important and rewarding collaborations. This demo gives you, the fans, a bird's eye view of the very start of it! I woke up on my first morning in Montreux with David peering over me. He had an acoustic guitar in his hands and exclaimed, ‘Nile, darling, I think this is a HIT!’

Have a listen below.


(facebook.com/davidbowie)