Monday, July 06, 2015

New Entry: Desert Sound Colony Drops "Fashion" (David Bowie Cover)

London based mysterious musician Desert Sound Colony has dropped his cover version of "Fashion", one of the most iconic David Bowie tracks.

Created in the isolation of the British countryside, Desert Sound Colony is inspired by faintly remembered sounds and almost forgotten memories.

About the track, DSC told i-d vice: "Fashion was one of those tracks that really stood out to me when I was a kid listening to CDs in my parents car on the way to school. I remember being so taken with the groove and staccato use of Bowies voice. I think it is timeless and the original still kills it on the dance floor. I dare anyone to not get up and dance when it comes on. I chose to cover it because I wanted to show off another side to the project and create something that would really get the dance floor moving." Desert Sound Colony.

Have a listen below.


(facebook.com/desertsoundcolony)