Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Johnny Marr Covers Depeche Mode's "I Feel You" For Record Store Day

Former Smiths guitarist Johnny Marr has announced he will release a cover of Depeche Mode's 1993 classic "I Feel You" for Record Store Day (April 18).

The 7" single will be released on a limited edition backed with a live version of The Smiths' 1984 also classic track "Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want".

Johnny played the track live during the closing shows of last December's North American tour, and became very popular.

"The first night we played it someone posted it on YouTube and it became really popular in the encore. Then the tour was over and I was invited to do something for Record Store Day and it was a really good fit. We managed to put our own twist on it, and I think make it modern." Marr said.

Listen to Marr's cover of I Feel You below.