Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Watch: Phoenix Share New Video For "Chloroform" Directed by Sofia Coppola

French quartet Phoenix have shared the video for "Chloroform", the new single taken from their latest album Bankrupt!, released back in April via Glassnote Records. The song is part of our current playlist.

The video was directed by filmmaker Sofia Coppola, who is Phoenix lead singer Thomas Mars' wife. "I love the song 'Chloroform,' and I had an idea based on a photo, and since I haven't done many videos, I like trying things that are unfamiliar. The idea came from a photo by Joseph Sterling in his book The Age of Adolescence. Thomas's sister's boyfriend, Mateo, who works at the Book Marc store, gave me the book last X-mas." Coppola said.

"I wanted to show they [female fans in the video] were at a Phoenix concert, but keep them afar and mysterious, and have the focus be on the girls. I wanted the video to be about the girls losing it over the band, and that feeling you have when you think a band is romantic." She added.

Watch it over at MoMA PopRally.