Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Kasabian: There's A Rock N' Roll Drought In Music

In an interview with the Contact, the band said that they think the charts are 'overrun by pop' and that Kasabian are one of the only UK acts taking a risk with songs. 

Kasabian guitarist and chief songwriter Serge Pizzorno said: There's a rock 'n' roll drought at the moment, so I'm glad we're here. People are frightened of making records that sound good on the radio. We've been overrun by pop and I hate that indie attitude. Life's too short to give a ****.

"I'm not religious, I don't think there's anything after this, so I'm here to have a good time and this is the one chance I've got. So get me the ****ing fur coat and let's crack on. One knobhead might go, 'Oh, I don't like that.' But who cares?" He added.

Meanwhile, Kasabian recently said that they believe that the band are built to headline festivals.